119 – 131 Bell Street, Ivanhoe
For over 50 years the Makin & Luby car dealership have occupied a prominent site located at 119 – 131 Bell Street, Ivanhoe. In late 2017 the decision was made to capitalise on strong buyer demand and sell the site. JACX Property was engaged as ‘Transaction Managers’ to coordinate the process for the vendor.
We were successful in guiding the vendor through the process and managing all risks. The property ended up transacting prior to the closure of the ‘Expressions of Interest’ campaign at result in-line with vendor expectations.
Tasks completed by JACX Property included:
- Tendering of agency appointment and negotiation of agency agreement.
- Set marketing strategy with the appointed agent and approved marketing spend.
- Approved sale strategy / technique with a public ‘Expression of Interest’ selected as the preferred methodology.
- Coordinated due diligence with the agency and the appointed legal representative.
- Acted as the main point of contact between the agency and vendor – minimising the burden on the vendor.
- Assisted with the negotiation of the purchase price and structure of settlement to ensure optimal outcome for the vendor.
- At all times protected the interests of the vendor and mitigated risks.
We enjoyed working with a fantastic vendor and adding measurable value to the process. The vendor was delighted with the outcome of the campaign and the smooth process which JACX Property implemented.
“The final details of the property sale are now under way, and on behalf of both George and myself, I want to thank you sincerely for your role in the process. Without your knowledge of the property market we would have floundered, and your ability to keep us up to speed with the complex negotiations on an ongoing basis was more than we could have hoped for. The financial outcome was very rewarding, and due almost entirely to your efforts.”
Many Thanks Michael, Perce Makin.